Stephenie Meyer..
..was born on December 24,
Meyer's started her writing career in Young Adult fiction. In 2005, she published her first book, Twilight, about a teenager who falls in love with a good vampire. Meyer has also published four sequels to Twilight, being "New Moon" the book I read, she has also published one adult novel, The Host.

Why did I choose the book?
There are many love stories, many vampire stories, but there is no book which talks about both.
At first I heard everyone talking about Twilight (both, the movi
e and the book) but it never really got my attention, I thought it was like many of the stories which are not really good but people “like” them because it’s IN. The truth is, at first I wasn’t even interested on the movie, but then a friend, Javier, started reading it, and he told me it was a good book, by that time I had already chosen another book, called “The book of the Death”, it seemed to be a good book, but it didn’t really got my interest and never made me feel what I felt for “New Moon”. Why? Well, maybe it all has to be with love. For me love is the most important thing in the world, and yes, it’s true, love has no shape or model, it’s different for everybody, but the idea of an unconditional love, with no boundaries, got my attention, I just had to read the back of Twilight to be trapped by this amazing
vampire love saga, a love that can last for all the eternity... All this full filled with action and suspense.. so after Twilight I knew I wouldn’t be able to stop until I read the last book, so I dived into New Moon’s pages to know what will happen next w
ith Edward, my favorite vampire!
I just had to wait until Alvaro’s aunt came from US with the next book! LoL..
New Moon will be your brand of heroin!
Characters?
Edward: He is a good vampir
e who belongs to a “vegetarian” vampire family, he was born in 1901 and since 1918 he has been a vampire, an immortal 17 year old boy, very good looking (perfect according to Bella), very intelligent.. and very in love. He can give his life for the one he loves, leaving everything for her safety, even if that may harm him.
Bella: Human. She is a girl who used to hate cold areas until she found the love of her life in one of the coolest city of
to talk much, she is bad at expressing her feelings, and very mature for her age. Unconditionally in love of a vampire, which
probably means she doesn’t have a good concept of danger.
Jacob: Werewolf. He is really good at fixing cars, and
even greater as a friend, he becomes Bella’s best friend in almost a second, he cares a lot about her and her safety, their relationship changes when he turns into werewolf; his secret must be kept. He hates vampires since then, and loves Bella since he first saw her.
NeW mOoN!
“ I can’t believe all what I’ve been living is real. After a whole summer with my vampire boyfriend I still couldn’t believe it, my heart still drumme
d hyperactively every time I saw his perfect smile or I smelled his breath next to me..
I was terrified, I was soon going to turn 18, each day I was getting older, I could feel it; on the other hand Edward kept as young and perfect as ever on his eternal 17’s. I wished my birthday had never arrived, and not only because of my age, but also because of all the problems which had their origin that day...
est and told me he didn’t want me anymore..disappeared.
I ran without going anywhere, all around the forest until I could no more, I stayed on the ground, my eyes close, my mind somewhere else. Of course I was rescued, by Sam, but my soul and my heart were never found again. I spent months acting like a zombie, until I discovered (unconsciously) that I could bring Edward back to me, or at least his perfect voice. I noticed it appeared every time I was in danger, so I decided to try something ‘stupid, dangerous and reckless’: motorcycling. That’s how I became very close to Jacob, who became my best friend, my sun; the only person who was able to erase all that pain that burned my chest. But that happiness didn’t last long, because everything changed between us when he turned into a werewolf. One day, after his transformation, I went to La Push to talk to him. While I was waiting for him I decided to try something really reckless, I was going to jump from a cliff, and I did it. Unfortunately
me coming out from the water, so she thought I had died. Somehow this twisted information got to Edward’s ears, who decided to end with his life as soon as he could, and I was the only one able to avoid it, or at least to try... ”
Bella Swan
Bella somehow felt what that meant. Edward was in danger, and there was no way of saving him, she had to do something, but what? No matter what, i
t was surely going to be a big sacrifice, and a great danger. The person she most loved had left her, but had he stopped loving her? Had her love or her pain vanished? I don't know how powerful their relationship was, how strong their hearts were or how linked their lifes were, but certainly it wasn’t something common..
“ What if your reason for being
didn’t want you anymore?
Would you still risk your live
To save him? ”
..(starting from Volterra)
“ There was no time to waste. Alice and I took the first fly to
We were suddenly backed up by
Everybody was skeptical about me, and not just in one way. They just couldn’t understand how Edward had been able of keeping me alive; they couldn’t believe I knew everything about them, and even worst, they didn’t know how my mind remained a secret for everyone. I was attacked by every single mind around me, and unfortunately, Edward’s -unnecessary- protective character made him suffer for me, suffer in silence.
After all this “games” Aro decided that I had two options: or I turned into a vampire (a Volturi if possible) or I died. I had talked with Edward and Alice about this, and even thought Edward didn’t want to turn me into one of them, Alice thought it was the best option I had, so she convinced Aro that I was going to become one of them, but that before I needed some time. Just with this condition we were able to leave the castle, my personal hell.
We flew back home, Edward right next to me. I knew that I had to take advantage of those hours with him, because I was soon going to loose him again, and even if that hurt, that pain wurth it.
I suddenly woke up in my bed with Edward next to me, I just couldn’t believe it, he had stayed! It was really confusing; he ‘didn’t want me anymore’. He explained me that actually he had never stopped loving me, and even if he had to be selfish and evil, he would, because he couldn’t stand one more second without me, he told me that he had lied that terrible day in the forest, all for my safety, and that there he was for me, for ever (at least as long as my life).
I made my vampire family vote, to decide whether I should remain human or become a vampire.. I won! =) Everything seemed perfect, but in my life nothing was ever perfect; the problem was my sun, my Jacob; by being with Edward I lost him and his friendship forever. It seemed that no one can have all what they want, or you have this or you have that, that’s the way live works. Like it or not, you have just one heart, one love..”
Bella Swan
The End..
..(starting from Volterra)
“Jacob felt my pain, my fear, my desperation. I had to find Edward before he ended with himself. My nightmare had begun. I was running as fast as I could, but it was never enough, I wasn’t going to be able to arrive to that perfect man before the sun did; but then, out of nowhere, a couple of boiling hands holded my wrist and fought our way through the callous crowd in matter of a second. I was one step far from Edward, the sun was 3 or 4 steps behind me, and without even thinking I jumped into Edward’s arms crying, and begged him to get back to the shadows before it was too late. He glanced at me before turning his head to were Jacob was, but there was nothing in the spot were my best friend was just a second before. He had disappeared; it seemed he had been as unreal as a dream. A minute later...”
Bella Swan
(comments on ending)
Inmortal Beloved..
Love is the most powerful weapon the world has. It can make someone die; but as letal as it is, it also has the power to save someone's live. Certainly that's the hidden message between New Moon's shadows, the message of true love.
Everyone has felt at least once the pain of a not corresponding love; the pain that you feel when someone who ment everything to you leaves you, and makes a life out of you, as if you had never existed. But you can't deny that you have also felt the joy, the excitement and the butterflies in the stomach by being right next to your beloved, the person you can make inmortal in your heart, the one for who you live and who is like the gasoline that makes your heart bump, and continue the everyday live with the happiness of a five year old kid who has just received a lollypop.
I have certainly learnt a lot with this book, and I think that many people as me, had been able to connect themselves with this story and turn it into their own reality.. their own lovw story..





3 comentarios:
ke trauma con crepusculo ñaña jajaja
Hi SOfi: Sure you are good at writing. Your book sounds interesting. I´m gonna have to read it. Keep it up until the end.
Monica
The message that this book seems to have given you sounds interesting. I would like to read this book too.
Monica
Publicar un comentario